Carpooling has emerged as one of the best options to commute in an urban jungle. Worsening traffic congestion has led to the advent of ride-sharing concept, and carpooling is very popular among the urban commuters. Quick Ride is India’s largest carpooling community, and we are proud of reducing the number of vehicles on the road and carbon emissions.
Carpooling with the Quick Ride app is safe and secure as you always travel with verified professionals. To top it off, a bunch of advanced safety features make your ride super safe!
But do you know? Quick Ride also provides another essential feature for a risk-free ride. Yes, Quick Ride offers Trip Insurance for each ride.
What is Trip Insurance?
As the name suggests, it’s an insurance cover for your trip. The trip insurance insures each ride taken by a ride taker on the Quick Ride app. The insurance cover is valid for the duration of the ride, and it covers injury/disability or death occurred during the ride.
Note: Trip insurance is not applicable to ride givers.
How to enable Trip Insurance?
- By default, the Trip Insurance feature will be disabled on the Quick Ride app.
- To activate Trip Insurance, go to Settings > Ride and enable the feature.
- But before you enable the feature, you have to add a nominee.
- Click on Add Nominee and fill in the details. You can also update the nominee details in future.
How does Trip Insurance work?
- Once you enable the Trip Insurance feature, all the upcoming rides will be insured.
- The Trip Insurance will cost you only 1 rupee per trip.
- The next time your ride is confirmed, a Trip Insured button will appear on the top right corner of the main ride screen.
- Click the button to view the insurance details and download the policy.
Benefits of Trip Insurance
The trip insurance will be active once the ride starts, and gets terminated when the ride ends. Below are the details of benefits covered under the policy.
More such articles you may like to read :
How to verify Quick Ride profile?
Carpooling made safer with Ride Moderation