Like every year, 5th June marks the World Environment Day. While 2018, saw India hosting the global World Environment Day, 2019 will witness China hosting celebrations on the theme, ‘Air Pollution’. United Nations is taking the initiative to celebrate this day to disseminate knowledge among individuals and promote them to take action to safeguard the environment. The campaign is raised every year with some environmental issues such as global warming, marine pollution, overpopulation of humans, etc.
This year’s theme for World Environment Day – Air Pollution
We often miss out crucial details and best practices that can help us fight the increasing Environmental concerns. The reality is scary, we understand. But for how long are we going to avoid it? We have only one planet and considering the rate at which we are degrading it, the future looks horrific.
We live in a society where every time when a problem arises we hear one reply, “Be the change you want to see in the world”. Then, why are we waiting for a miracle? Why are we depending upon the government, climate control bodies and the NGO’s to find out a solution? Aren’t we responsible for bringing this menace on earth?
Alarming Air Pollution Facts
- Worldwide, air pollution leads one in eight deaths.
- Ozone pollution has been estimated to cause crop damage worth more than $11 billion annually.
- Ninety-two percent of the world population live in unhealthy locations.
- Every year, indoor air pollution kills 4.3 million individuals.
- Over 7,000 mayors committed to lowering air pollution emissions from their towns.
Quick Ride’s Initiative for World Environment Day, 2019
We know almost all of us to wish to do something better for the environment but time constraints just don’t permit us. That’s why we are here! To help you with your efforts in saving the environment.
We at Quick Ride have decided to extend the environment day celebration for two days starting 4th and ending on 5th June. Just how nature is always giving, we will try doing the same.
This Environment day, post your eco meter on our social media channels and get FREE 100 Quick Ride points.
Carpooling is a Win-Win for all. Helps save money, save the environment and reduces traffic congestion. However, there are a lot more to it. Fear should not be the only reason forcing you to do something good for this planet. Right!
When all across the world people are doing their bit in saving this planet, then, why can’t we?
On this Environment Day, let’s pledge to carpool and win FREE Quick Ride Points.
Don’t forget to share your eco meter. Let’s inspire everyone around us to carpool every day.
1. Use Hashtags #QuickRides & #IPledgeToCarpool in the post that you have posted.
2. All posts should be tagged with Social media handle “@QuickRidein” & should be public.
3. The contest runs only on 4 & 5th June – 2019, IST.
4. Send us an email with your social media post link to email@example.com with the subject “Environment Day”.
5. The Offer is applicable only for the users who have completed a minimum of 5 rides with Quick Ride.
Let’s all come together and inspire each other in going green in whatever way possible. The world needs encouragement, let’s be the encourager. The world has plenty of critics already.